CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 3, 2011

forgive & forget..

Eid Mubarak! Selamat Hari Raya to all of you, maaf zahir dan batin . In the spirit of Eid al-Fitr, if I have offended or hurt any of you in any way, I am truly sorry. Whoever reads this, I hope you'll forgive me for any wrongdoings that I've committed against you.

How many times have we said maaf zahir dan batin (I'm not really sure how to translate it other than to apologize for intentional and unintentional wrong doings). This had me thinking and as I was pondering about this, I had a chat with some of my colleagues and asked a random question to my FB friends today.

"What if we have forgiven someone but
we just couldn't forget even when
we have tried our hardest to do so?
Does it still count?"


The conclusion from the many feedback that I received was that it does. Because forgiving and forgetting are two entirely different things. I will keep that in mind.^_^

0 comments: